Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tecumseh 8hp Snow King Parts Help



Hello Everybody,
I just happened to stumble accross this site and WOW , Boy am I glad I did..
My Dad felt the need to upgrade snowblowerI am the happy recipient of Old Faithful an MTD 8hp 24 cut Model 315-580-000 Date code J024B (early 80's). I have all the original manuals that came with the blower. I am trying to locate a parts breakdown for the Tecumseh Engine (HM80 155241 Ser 4194D). I need a new muffler, head gasket, carburator part #.
I'd like to decarbon the top end of the motor, replace the muffler (bad), and look around for a new carb (we always seemed to have some type of carb problems over the years. Dad always seemed to forget to run the fuel out of the carburator.)
Is there a source online or elsewhere that I can locate a Parts breakdown or exploded parts view that I can use as a reference?
Thanks Everybody....
alphadesigns@aol.com

Here is a digital manual you can add to your paper. http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf
I dont recall if it has any parts listings or not, I dont think it does. One place I think you may try is sears. http://www3.sears.com/
Try using just the model # of the engine, then try using the model # of the unit.
Heh or hang out until puey shows up, he'll give ya the xact stuff

As far as a site for parts break-downs...don't know of any except here, where i'll be happy to assist. You have a 1985 model year machine. You missed a letter (either J or K) immediately following the spec number on the engine but I can still help you out. Carburetor assembly - 632334A, Carb Kit - 632347, Intake manifold gasket - 27915A, Carb to manifold gasket - 33263, Muffler - 35056, Muffler bolts - 651002, Bolts locktab - 31588, Head gasket - 34041B. As far as the carburetor is concerned, with the exception of a rusty carb you should be able to soak this in a quality bath type cleaner (I like Napa #6401) and use the aforementioned carb kit and be good to go.






Tags: tecumseh, snow, parts, help, always seemed, manifold gasket